Common Core, Teaching to the New Test." Testing, er "assessments," will drive the curriculum (it already is). Then read the great review of Exiled by Rachel Alexander, "Blacklisted by Higher Education." She writes,Posted June 13, 2013, by Mary Grabar: Check out the Selous Foundation for Public Policy Research for Part I of my three-part series on Common Core testing, "
EAG News has a great lead article by Ben Velderman today on the latest Dissident Prof title, Bill Ayers: Teaching Revolution: "New book exposes how Bill Ayers has been using K-12 classrooms to continue his Anti-America revolution." Readers may remember that EAG (Education Action Group Foundation, Inc.) founder and publisher, Kyle Olson, participated in the "Schools for Subversion" panel discussion in Los Angeles recently. Velderman writes, "When Ayers retired from his university job in 2010, his plan of using the nation’s public schools to change American society from within was firmly in place."Posted June 5, 2013, by Mary Grabar:
“'His is now the dominant view in colleges of education,'” Grabar notes. “'Others with advanced degrees perpetuate his radicalism in curricula and classrooms. Many parents and citizens don’t know how harmful or insidious these philosophies are.'”
Read this and other EAG News about K-12 education here.
Posted May 31, 2013, by Mary Grabar:
From the "See, there is an explanation, officer" files: Jevon Mallory explained his attack on Blythe Grupe in the women's bathroom of St. Louis Community College during his arrest to police: he needed to "vent his rage." Maybe that was why he was simply released and told to stay off campus, even though he had been choking her. Maybe his other bizarre statement to a sexual harassment counselor about wanting to "withdraw her from life" sounded gentle enough so that school officials decided he just needed some time to meditate, away from the stresses of school. That's the way school officials wanted it left--until the Grupe family went to the media and made a stink.
Posted May 23, 2013: by Mary Grabar.
Here is the video from the Schools for Subversion panel discussion sponsored by Children of Jewish Holocaust Survivors and the David Horowitz Center, held on May 6 at the Luxe Hotel Sunset in Los Angeles. I am joined by Kyle Olson, Larry Sand, and Bruce Thornton, with Ben Boychuk as moderator. We had a great discussion with a very engaged audience. Listen and learn about what is going on in our schools. The direct link, in case the one above doesn't work, ia here. Or YouTube here.
- Mary's Contraries: Common Core, the Tour
- The Bill Ayers/Weatherman Road Show
- Mary's Contraries May 9: The fiction of Benghazi, Academic Analysis of Boston Bomber
- Tim Furnish on Jihad, Madison Forum
- Exiled News: on Kindle and Prof Allen's Talk
- Exiled Review & LA Conference May 6, Schools for Subversion
- Kennesaw State Panel Videos
- Common Core: Leftist Historians Profit
- Common Core Teaching: Demonstrating a Crucifixion
- Kennesaw State Panel Discussion: Discrimination Against Conservatives
- Sparky the Cat, Shakespeare, and T.S. Eliot
- National Association of Scholars and the Maze of Higher Ed
- Academic Discrimination Denial: Neil Gross & Co.
- Bill Ayers in Retirement